August 10, 1998
List of symposium presenters
- Clarence Hall, UCLA Department of Geology, "Geology of the Point
Sur-Lopez Point region, coast ranges, California: A part of southern California
- Terry Jones, UC Davis Anthropology Department and California Department
of Transportation, "Prehistoric human ecology on the Big Sur Coast"
- Norman Locks, UCSC Department of Art, "Chaos in random order:
Trails from wilderness to inner city"
- Carrie Pomeroy, UCSC Institute of Marine Sciences, "Marine reserves
and fisheries management: An evaluative study of cooperative data collection
at Big Creek"
- Jerry Powell, UC Berkeley Department of Entomology, "Recovery
of Lepidoptera populations after the 1985 fire at Big Creek"
- Paul Rich, University of Kansas, "Topography, microclimate, and
vegetation patterns of the Big Creek Reserve"
- John Smiley, UC Natural Reserve System, "A comparison of two study
sites as habitats for willow leaf beetles, and as a 'habitat' for research"
- Mary Yoklavich, Pacific Fisheries Environmental Group, National Marine
Fisheries Service, National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration
(NOAA), "Deepwater fishes and their habitats in and around the Big
Creek Marine Ecological Reserve"
Return to article
To the Currents home page
To UCSC's home page