March 10, 1997
- David Chalmers to explore the "puzzle of consciousness" in humanities lecture
- The Humanities Lecture Series continues on Thursday, March 13, as assistant professor of philosophy David Chalmers presents the talk, "The Puzzle of Consciousness."
- Chancellor Greenwood hosts lunch for UC's president emeritus and UCSC's founding chancellor
UCSC workshop helps kids think about college and careers
- About 60 students from Branciforte Elementary School gazed into their crystal balls in February at a workshop hosted by UCSC's Career Center.
UCSC physicist organizes London symposium on Isaac Newton
- Speakers at March symposium to discuss the latest insights into the work behind Newton's groundbreaking book Principia.
- UCSC receives renewed funding for minority science support program
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has renewed its support of a UC effort to increase the number of science degrees awarded to underrepresented minority students.
- Lecture to detail innovative, computer-intensive approach to computers and learning
In preparation for UC's All University Conference on New Technologies in Teaching and Learning, Burks Oakley will deliver a lecture titled "The Internet and Higher Education: Silicon and Fiber Replacing Bricks and Mortar" on Monday, March 17.
Return to the Currents home page
Go to UCSC's home page