- Tryout your web pages on people who are not familiar with your site.
- Ask them to find specific items and then silently watch how easily they are able to do so.
- Notice where they click and how comfortable they feel using your site.
- Ask them for suggestions of ways to improve your site organization and navigation.
- Provide access for the widest audience, including those with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Visit the UC Designing Accessible Web Sites site.
Please do not alter the basic "look and feel" of the UCSC templates, as doing so will only produce a local web site that is integrated less successfully into the overall UCSC web presence, making your site more difficult for people to use.